Tuesday, September 13, 2022

GYPSIES


 I don’t know how to say this, these people were real deal Gypsies but I think the word gypsy has become pejorative. So, these people were the real deal. They were Romanian gypsies. They dressed like this woman and they sounded like her, too.  Insert you tube link  Dark skin and Slovik features. We’re talking knife fights and the uncle drunk in the front yard at noon. At 2pm ish he would call the fire department, they would come and there was no fire just this crazy drunk guy in the yard. They threatened to start charging $50 for each false alarm and he finally stopped calling them. 

At around sunset I would sit on the front stoop with two boys that were my age. This was 1998 or so. We’d sit there and have a beer. They were awesome dudes. I’m not kidding, when they introduced themselves I could not believe it. They were named Fonzie and Elvis. They had no idea that their names were insane. 


2 comments:

Didalotofem said...

Fonzie and Elvis. Iove it!

Didalotofem said...

This is Donovan by the way.