Tuesday, June 2, 2020

FUNNY SHIT I NEED TO WRITE DOWN

Gentle Reader,
Because no one can understand me anymore, I'm writing down particularly funny stories, hopefully you'll get some laughs. When I was in highschool there was a hurricane (Gloria). My friend Rick worked at Burger King getting the hurricane nobody came in so they were all sitting around looking out the widow. That Burger King had one of those signs with letters that you can arrange a message, it said 'Closers Wanted.' The wind blew off the letter 'C' and it said 'Losers Wanted' my friend Rick goes, 'Who are we kidding?'

The first time I saw Pavement, it was at the Middle East. There was a homeless guy asking us for money while we were waiting for the show. We were outside. Then we went in, and Pavement started playing. The homeless guy was asking for a beer. The singer Steve Malkmus comes off the stage, taps the homeless guy on the shoulder, and says "We need you now." Then the homeless guy gets behind the drums and was now the drummer. It was unbelievable - he was an annoying homeless guy, and then he was the drummer. I  had never heard the song Summer Babe, they played it. I bought the 7"of it from the singer. They had never toured the East Coast ever before that.

There'll be more of these as I remember shit I want to write down.

No comments: