Tuesday, March 23, 2021

MORE ABOUT HOLDING/PUT YOUR HIPS INTO IT/THANKS, PSYCHO

When we weren't being given meds or at an AA meeting we played a card game called Space which was fucking awesome. It's basically Hearts but with spades instead of hearts. The other thing is that one time some dudes came on a Friday night and had an NA meeting. It was considered way cooler than AA. These guys did the whole meeting as a call and response musical type of thing, it was fucking cool. It was like 'The Stepshow" in School Daze. I literally bought an NA book from these guys and from then on described myself as an "Addict and Alcoholic."

When I was there my glasses fell off and smashed on the concrete floor. So I had a broken lens, long hair, and fucking a couple black teeth in front. Everyone there started calling me 'Hanson'. https://youtu.be/LdhEXTQUkDY 

When we went not in AA Meetings or "sharing" we would have like 15 minutes of free time. One time I went to up to my bed to get something, there was a kid in his bed cranking Nirvana. He was playing the song "Beat Me Outta Me" over and over. I had never heard the line which is fucking kinda major for a kid to be cranking. You know he was a junkie or something. One of the other few young people there was someone I recognized who had been a regular at the donut shop I had worked at. Steve Mason had been 10 years old and he would order a dozen assorted donuts. This meant I would have my back turned. While I put the dozen together he would loosen the tops of all the sugars. I figured that out after he did it once. When I ran into him in Holding he had a fucking tear drop tattoo on his eye. You know what that means? He was a little blonde kid but you know he was definitely a murderer as an adult. 

Me and my girlfriend were at a wedding in New Mexico. I remember the place was fucking remote. It was on a Native American Reservation and the hotel didn't have hot water. We were at the reception, they were playing music, my girlfriend Lila said, "Come on let's dance," I was like, "No Way", she says "Come on it doesn't matter what you do, I just wanna dance." I'm like, "Hell No." After a few more of these I finally agreed to dance, it was fucking Afro Cuban Salsa music. This shit is polyrythmic. When were were dancing for like one second Lila said to me, "Why are you marching?" 

Back when Uber just started we got a driver. The driver talked the whole time. He was clearly lonely as hell. He took the fucking longest way home. At one point he said, "I have a book back there, you can draw anything you want in it." We looked through the book and somebody had drawn a clown had written "Thanks, Psycho." 


No comments: