Tuesday, June 8, 2021

ONE WAY TICKET TO HOMOVILLE

I gotta put this somewhere. In 1998 I moved to SF. Right before I left, I made 5 of these, a bunch of Pudding Maker shit. Me and Bryan Long had been on fire recording shit on the spot, taking lyrics from cool books, all kinds of shit. We had a song that he had written and I put it on here. Before I was done I realized there were fucking five versions of this song. They are all good I am fucking playing drums on all of them. I am so unable to play drums for kind of awhile now ...    I have to tell a bunch of shit about this album.

Me and Bryan took a note this annoying guy had left in the practice room, put music to it, and read it. So basically  this song is a fucking funny note about the practice space. At one point in the note he lists everyone's phone numbers. When he gets to me there is no phone number so he left it blank. I didn't have a phone for like a year. Not a month or two, a fucking year. Also this album has a cover of 'A Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin that we recorded in my bedroom on my 25th birthday. I remember recording it. It was the hardest I had ever laughed while we were playing it. I'm hella proud of the first couple seconds of the album, it's the song by James Gang called "Funk 49". Then J Boronski sings about loving Satan. I'm not even on this. Then next song is all this yelling by a a guy that was in music school for flute. I'm not on either of these songs. 

About the title, just before I put this together I saw a comedian on TV. One of her jokes was, "I went on a date last night. It was a one way ticket to Homoville." I thought that was funny so I named the album that. I didn't realize how inappropriate it was when you think about San Francisco. 

Here is a link to that music, I'm wicked proud of it Pudding Maker


2 comments:

JHT said...

As I've always said: Mike McGuirk rules.

JHT said...

Mike, we must have talked about music a hundred times, and you never once told me you played the drums. I'm impressed.