Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Star Wars

In 1978 one day my mother at breakfast pointed at an add in the newspaper and said, "you're not going to school today. We're gonna go see this movie." I was looking at the poster. I hated swords and space ships. It looked like Luke was wearing a dress. I said, "Whatever I'm not going to school. I will see this." All I cared about was WWII. Then my mother took me to see Star Wars. I fucking loved it from the second it started. I'll never forget driving home and making laser guns noises the whole ride. I must have been fucking annoying as hell. I also loved R2D2 and you know I was saying "Ahh 2" over and over with a Boston accent. 

You should know that when this movie came out there were people in line around the block. The term "block buster"
came out of this. I remember them saying it on the news. 

When Empire Strikes Back came out, me and my neighbor went to see it. I also loved this movie from the first second. When the snow walkers are trudging all over shooting lasers I was wicked psyched. There were two kids our age in the row in front of us. One of them kept saying, "So fake" over and over. He was clearly angry. I remember thinking, "What an a-hole." 

Also when Princess Leia looks at Hans Solo, right before he is frozen,  she says, "I love you" and he says, "I know." Apparently he totally ad-libbed this. Funny.

No comments: