Tuesday, November 2, 2021

CAMBRIDGESIDE GALLERIA


In like '96 or so I visited my mother in the nursing home once a week. For years we went to the mall in Cambridge and went to the movies after going around a bit. Towards end of her life my mother often puked while we were walking around. She also had her eyes closed. At the time I thought she was asleep, now that I have the illness I realize she wasn't sleeping, she was just tired of keeping her eyes open. I do the same thing. As for puking on herself I don't know what brought that on. I just remember it happening a lot. 

So one time we are in the mall, Cambridgeside Galleria Mall before we go to the movies. We were seeing I Know What You Did Last Summer. She had her eyes closed, I was annoyed. I put her on the elevator and turned around to get something or shut the door or something I don't know, I was just turned around. When I turned back the elevator door was closing so I ran up a flight to catch it but it was going to the top and didn't stop so I ran up there. When I made it to the top I pretty much dove into the elevator to stop it. The fucking door was shutting and my mother with her eyes closed looked totally asleep in the corner. Talk about annoying. I ran all the way to the bottom and the same thing happened. I'm not kidding I missed the door by literally a micro-second. This happened like 3 times. The movie was okay but not awful. I wanted Scream level coolness but it was just a horror movie.

No comments: