Tuesday, August 25, 2020

STEVERINO! \ FUCK PICHAS? \ CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON

I had my friend Steve LaChance over for the first time. We were like sixteen. When my father came home at 1 am I introduced them. We were in the living room watching TV. I said to my father "This is Steve." When he went to bed I told Steve "in the morning my father will call you 'Steverino.'" He was like "No way." In the morning he got up to pee my father was at the dining room table. I heard my father yell "Steverino! Good morning."

My friends Gabe and Chris were over. We were eighteen and into movies. We were totally watching black and white 60's French shit like Francois Truffaut's "400 Blows." My father comes out of his room and walks into the living room where we're watching TV. He's wearing nothing but tightie whities. He sees the black and white movie and says "What are you guys watchin' fuck pichas?" Then he lit a Camel straight and sat down on the couch. He sat there smoking and when he was done he went back to bed.

My brother told me this story. It's fucking funny. "Creature from the Black Lagoon" was on later that night. everyone had gone to bed and my brother got up to watch it in the living room. Because everyone was asleep he turned the volume way, way down. It was basically silent and he watched it like that. He was afraid our father would see the light from the TV so he turned the tint down. He turned it way, way down. We were fucking scared of our father. He literally turned it all the way down and realized after a while he was watching a black screen with no sound.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These are hilarious