Tuesday, September 8, 2020

THIS IS HEAVY BUT GODDAMN FUNNY

This is heavy but goddamn funny. I'm gonna get the heavy shit outta the way. This story is about a guy I worked with who died when we were both teenagers. He was older than me and bigger and from a weird Massachusetts town called Berlin. The town had a fucking milk man. But my friend was a tough guy, his name was Tom Brown. He was a cutter at the doughnut shop we worked at. I was the fryer and he cut them. He loved Led Zeppelin. This was all he listened to. One of the other doughnut cutters had a ZOSO tattoo. This is back when tattooing was illegal in Massachusetts. So you get the idea. These people didn't have much of a future. So the older cutter Tom played Led Zeppelin all the time. One of the other fryers was into weird music like me. We played the Violent Femmes every Friday night. One time Tom yelled "I don't wanna listen to them. All their songs are like- he started mewling and mincing-  "I wanna get laid, I wanna get laid." The thing is, Violent Femmes always sang about wanting to get laid but Led Zepplin was singing about actually getting laid.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

What happened to Tom?