Wednesday, January 12, 2022

MORE BANGKOK SHIT


 When I first got to Bangkok I realized people there could not say words that ended in a 'K' or 'L' sound. So when I signed up for pool in a bar I started writing 'Mikey.' The word for shit is 'Kee' and that word 'Mai' is a negative, like 'No.' I was in a taxi and the driver asked my name. I said, "Mikey, Mai-kee', and he said, 'You're name is 'no shit'? Do you have constipation or something?" I love pool. I shot it every where. There was a bar I went to called Morning, Night. The idea was to get there in the morning and stay til night. I totally did this. I used to have a rule in Bangkok, any time I walked by a bar and they were playing 'The End' by The Doors, I had to go in. That's how I ended up at Morning, Night. They were playing 'The End' and you could hear it on the sidewalk. Cool. 

There were like 20 tables in this place, it was a pool hall that sold beer and the girls were available if you wanted to leave with one. I would hang out with this girl basically every time I went there. She was fucking good at playing pool. Her name was Tai which in that language means 'rabbit'. So her name was 'Rabbit.' I used to say her name by rolling the 'R' the way people would say hello to Bugs Bunny, "R-r-r-rabbit" She never got this joke but I made it pretty much every night for awhile. I never took a girl from this bar but I did notice that this bar like almost all of them had a shrine to Buddha in the doorway, above the door. When girls left with a customer they would pray to the shrine on their way out. I'm not talking about them kneeling, they would nod or Wai. I loved this. 

I had a girl over to my apartment so I cleaned it up. I was paranoid about it smelling like cigarettes so I bought incense. I got some that smelled good and lit it before she got there. The girl I brought smelled the incense and said, "It smells like a funeral in here."  

No comments: